Too often we end up going to the same locations for our Thursday evening practices. It would be great if we had a few spots where we could run a practice, especially a place where we haven’t been in the last few years.
If you are a home owner and would be comfortable having HIFR conduct a practice at your house there are many benefits:
- We’d become familiar with your property, your buildings, and the best ways to access them,
- We’d be able to give you some pointers on how to better fire proof your property for the dry summer season,
- We’d be able to determine if your home was within reach of one of the community water tanks or if we would have to shuttle water in a truck,
- You and your kids would be able to have a close look at how we operate and as well as get a close look at our trucks and equipment,
- It’s a fun way to help out your Fire Department.
We’d be at your place between 7:45PM and 9PM and would probably spray water somewhere in your yard where it wouldn’t harm anything. We wouldn’t need access to the inside of your house.
If this sounds like something that you’d like to participate in, please send an email or call the Fire Hall at 250.335.2611 and leave a message.